The pop up shop for Sacred Tusk is happening this weekend! Stop by the Coco studio and check out their polished collection of fresh & dreamy everyday active essentials!
Interview with Kyla Klassen of Sacred Tusk
- What made you want to start an athletics boutique?
I went to university and graduated with degrees in both Economics and Textile Sciences. The following year I made my way to Costa Rica to complete my 200 hours toward my yoga teacher training. I figured why not put all 3 of these things together; textiles for fashion, economics for a small business and YTT for activewear. Thus, Sacred Tusk was created!
- What can we find in your boutique?
Sacred Tusk is an online store specializing in women’s activewear. We offer pieces for every type of workout whether that is yoga or Pilates, spin class or the gym, or going for walks around your neighbourhood. Whatever it is, we’ve got you covered! We carry everything from printed leggings to cozy long sleeves, high impact tanks to yoga mats and more. I suggest taking a peak at the Lookbook which is updated every season to get you inspired!
- Top 3 holiday gifts you recommend from your store?
- The Turnout legging from FP Movement – an activewear line recently started by Free People. They have a gorgeous design, are high quality and the fit is impeccable.
2 .If you are shopping for that tough to buy for person in your life, a S’well bottle is a great go-to. There are tons of colours and prints to choose from at an affordable price!
- A graphic tank is also an easy and affordable gift! We offer lots of different styles and prints to choose from
- Best post-yoga brunch in Winnipeg?
Great question – probably Stella’s or the Frenchway café on Lilac. Those are my two favourites right now!
Any sort of backbend, they are so energizing! When I am coming out of a deep backbend, like wheel or camel, I am always left feeling refreshed and rejuvenated!
- Favourite non-yoga workout?
I am really into spin classes right now. Saikel Studio or WPG Cycle are a couple of really great, locally owned studios that you definitely need to try out!
- When you aren’t working on the store or teaching yoga, where would we find you/what would you be doing?
You can find me hanging out with my husband, my family and friends, travelling, going to concerts, enjoying yoga classes for myself and cooking! I love to cook!
- Favourite part about working in fashion?
I love getting to see all of the new designs that the brands we carry have come up with for upcoming seasons! To see all of the new trends, fabrics and prints that all of these retailers have put so much love into. This gets me really excited to share any new product with my customer and keeps me motivated to make sure the shop is constantly being updated with new and exciting things!
*photos have been used with permission from the Sacred Tusk website